Women in Philosophy
What Needs to Change?
Edited by Katrina Hutchison and Fiona Jenkins
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: Searching for Sofia: Gender and Philosophy in the 21st Century
Fiona Jenkins and Katrina Hutchison
2. Women in Philosophy: Why Should We Care?
3. Implicit Bias, Stereotype Threat and Women in Philosophy
4. Women and deviance in philosophy
5. Singing the Post-Discrimination Blues: Notes for a Critique of Academic Meritocracy
6. Sages and Cranks: The Difficulty of Identifying First-Rate Philosophers
7. Models and Values: Why Did New Zealand Philosophy Departments Stop Hiring Women Philosophers?
8. Not Just a Pipeline Problem: Improving Women's Participation in Philosophy in Australia
Susan Dodds and Eliza Goddard
9. Women in and out of Philosophy
Catriona Mackenzie and Cynthia Townley
10. Rethinking the Moral Significance of Micro-Inequities: The Case of Women in Philosophy
11. The Silencing of Women
12. Finding Time for Philosophy
Appendix 1: Seeing the Trends in the Data
Glenys Bishop, with Helen Beebee, Eliza Goddard and Adriane Rini
Appendix 2: Statistical Analyses