What is Political Theory and Why Do We Need It?
Table of Contents
I WHAT IS POLITICAL THEORY AND WHY DO WE NEED IT?
1. What is Political Theory?
2. Why do We Need Political Theory?
3. Is There an Indian Political Theory?;
II NORMATIVE FRAMEWORKS
4. Political Secularism
5. The Multicultural Framework
6. The Continuing Relevance of Socialism
III IN THE FACE OF INJUSTICE
7. How Should We Respond to the Cultural Injustices of Colonialism?
8. Restoring Decency to Barbaric Societies
9. Ordinary Feelings, Extraordinary Events: Moral Complexity in 9/11
10. Literature, Censorship, and Democracy
IV MODERNITY AND IDENTITY
11. Religious and Secular Identities
12. Are there Alternative Modernities?
V PHILOSOPHY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE
13. Holism and Individualism in History and Social Science
14. What Makes Something Social?
15. Teleology and Ethnocentrism in Social Science
16. 'Objective Significance' in Critical Social Theory