Social Science Foundations
Table of Contents
1. The Management Field
Theme A: Accounting for Capitalism
2. The Firm
Theme B: The Agency Problem
3. Workers of the World
Theme C: A Short History of Collective Action
4. The Search for Consummate Co-operation
Theme D: A Short history of Bounded Rationality
5. The Structuring of Organisations
Theme E: Measuring Performance; scorecards and league tables
6. Strategy as Competition and Cooperation
Theme F: A Short history of the M form
7. Strategy as Organisational Theory
Theme G: Managing Markets from Hierarchies
8. The Strange Rise of Finance
Theme H: The Modern Corporation
9. The Anthropology of Management?
Theme I: Performativity; Does Life Imitate Art?
10. In Search of a Better Past.
Appendix Some core texts