The Samaritan's Dilemma
The Political Economy of Development Aid
Clark C. Gibson, Krister Andersson, Elinor Ostrom, and Sujai Shivakumar
Table of Contents
1. What's wrong with development aid?
2. Laying the theoretical foundations for the study of development aid
3. Better development through better policy? Development aid's challenges at the collective-choice level
4. Sorting out the tangle: Incentives across action situations
5. A formal analysis of incentives in strategic interactions involving an international development cooperation agency
6. All aid is not the same: The incentives of different types of aid
7. Applying the IAD framework: The incentives inside a development agency
8. Incentives for contractors in aid-supported activities
9. Sida aid in electricity and natural resource projects in India
10. Sida aid in electricity and natural resource projects in Zambia
11. What have we learned about aid?