1. Carol Vernallis and Amy Herzog
Cinema in the Realm of the Digital: Foundational Approaches
2. Thomas Elsaesser, Digital Cinema: Convergence or Contradiction?
3. Jean-Pierre Geuens, Angels of Light
4. William Whittington, Lost in Sensation-Reevaluating the Role of Cinematic Sound in the Digital Age
Dialogue: Screens and Spaces
5. Sean Cubitt, Large Screens, Third Screens, Virtuality and Innovation"
6. Will Straw, Public Screens and Urban Life"
Glitches, Noise, and Interruption: Materiality and Digital Media
7. Laura U. Marks, A Noisy Brush with the Infinite: Noise in Enfolding-Unfolding Aesthetics"
8. Lisa Coulthard, Dirty Sound: Haptic Noise in New Extremism"
9. Caetlin Benson-Allott, "Going Gaga for Glitch: Digital Failure @nd Feminist Spectacle in Twenty-F1rst Century Music Video"
10. Joanna Demers, "Discursive Accents in Some Recent Digital Media Works"
11. Melissa Ragona, "Doping the Voice"
Uncanny Spaces and Acousmatic Voices
12. William Cheng, "Monstrous Noise: Silent Hill and the Aesthetic Economies of Fear"
13. Amy Herzog, "'Charm the Air to Give a Sound': The Uncanny Soundscape of Punchdrunk's Sleep No More>"
14. George Toles, "A Gash in the Portrait: Martin Arnold's Deanimated"
15. Warren Buckland, "The Acousmatic Voice and Metaleptic Narration in Inland Empire"
Dialogue: Visualization and Sonification
16. Lev Manovich, "Visualization Methods for Media Studies"
17. Jake Smith, "Explorations in Cultureson"
Virtual Worlds, Paranoid Structures, and States of War
18. Dale Chapman, "Music and the State of Exception in Alfonso Cuarón's Children of Men"
19. Matthew Sumera, "Understanding the Pleasures of War's Audiovision"
20. James Buhler and Alex Newton, "Outside the Law of Action: Music and Sound in the Bourne Trilogy"
21. Eleftheria Thanouli, "Debating the Digital: Film and Reality in Barry Levinson's Wag the Dog"
22. Theo Cateforis, "Between Artifice and Authenticity: Music and Media in Wag the Dog"
Blockbusters! Franchises, Remakes, and Intertextual Practices
23. Jessica Aldred, "'I Am Beowulf! Now, It's Your Turn': Playing With (And As) the Digital Convergence Character"
24. Carol Donelan and Ron Rodman, "Lion and Lambs: Industry-Audience Negotiations in the Twilight Saga Franchise"
25. Aylish Wood, "Sonic Times in Watchmen and Inception"
26. Miguel Mera, "Inglo(u)rious Basterdization? Tarantino and the War Movie Mashup"
Dialogue: De-Coding Source Code
27. Garrett Stewart, "Sound Thinking: Looped Time, Duped Track"
28. Sean Cubitt, "Source Code: Eco-Criticism and Subjectivity"
29. James Buhler, "Notes to Source Code's Soundtrack"
Rethinking Audiovisual Embodiment
30. Kiri Miller, "Virtual and Visceral Experience in Music-Oriented Videogames"
31. David McCarthy and María Zuazu, "A Gaga-World Pageant: Channeling Difference and the Performance of Networked Power"
32. Paul Morris and Susanna Paasonen, "Coming to Mind: Pornography and the Mediation of Intensity"
Sounds and Images of the New Digital Documentary
33. John Belton, "The World in the Palm of Your Hand: Agnes Varda, Trinh T. Minh-ha, and the Digital Documentary"
34. Selmin Kara, "The Sonic Summons: Meditations on Nature and Anempathetic Sound in Digital Documentaries"
35. Jennifer Peterson, "Workers Leaving the Factory: Witnessing Industry in the Digital Age"
Modes of Composition: Digital Convergence and Sound Production
36. Eric Lyon, "The Absent Image in Electronic Music"
37. Jann Pasler, "Hugues Dufourt's Cinematic Dynamism: Space, Timbre, and Time in L'Afrique d'après Tiepolo"
38. Ron Sadoff, "Scoring for Film and Video Games: Collaborative Practices and Digital Post-Production"
39. Nicola Dibben, "Visualising the App Album with Björk's Biophilia"
Digital Aesthetics Across Platform and Genre
40. Carol Vernallis, "Accelerated Aesthetics: a New Lexicon of Time, Space and Rhythm"
41. Jay Beck, "Acoustic Auteurs and Transnational Cinema"
42. Allan Cameron, "Instrumental Visions: Electronica, Music Video, and the Environmental Interface"