The Law-Governed Universe
John T. Roberts
Table of Contents
1. The law-governed world-picture
2. In defense of some received views
3. The meta-theoretic conception of laws
4. An epistemological argument for the meta-theoretic conception of laws
5. Laws, governing, and counterfactuals
6. When would the laws have been different?
7. How could science show that the laws govern?
8. Measurement and counterfactuals
9. What lawhood is
10. Beyond Humean and Non-Humean
Appendix: The MAL in action: A few examples of scientific theories and their laws