The Fragmenting Family
Table of Contents
PART I. THINKING ABOUT THE FAMILY: PHILOSOPHY'S CONTRIBUTION
1. The family
2. Permanent relations? Love, marriage and philosophical lives
3. From philosophy to law
4. The changing role of women
PART II. SHAPING FAMILIES: SCIENCE'S CONTRIBUTION
5. Having and not having children
6. New reproductive technologies: Whose human rights?
PART III. NEW FRONTIERS: FAMILY, LAW AND POLITICS
7. Family choices: what do children really want?
8. Law, policy-making and the contemporary family
PART IV. PRESERVING IDENTITIES: A FUTURE FOR THE FAMILY?
9. Family, identity, and community
10. Finding a way through the wood