The Edinburgh History of Scottish Literature: Modern Transformations: New Identities (from 1918)
edited by Ian Brown, Thomas Clancy, Susan Manning, and Murray Pittock
Published by Edinburgh University Press
- Original - presents new approaches to what is literature and what is Scottishness.
- Inclusive - Gaelic and diasporic writing, Latin writing, theological writing, legal writing, and context chapters.
- Comprehensive - provides the fullest coverage of Scottish literature ever and the first survey for almost 20 years.
- Distinguished contributors from many countries.
- Influences the agenda for critical debate on Scottish writing in the twenty-first century.