The Agricultural Revolution in Prehistory
Why did Foragers become Farmers?
Table of Contents
1. Approaches to the origins of agriculture
2. Understanding foragers
3. Identifying foragers and farmers
4. The `hearth of domestication'? Transitions to farming in South-West Asia
5. Central and South Asia: the wheat/rice frontier
6. Rice and forest farming in East and South-East Asia
7. Weed, tuber, and maize farming in the Americas
8. Africa: Afro-Asiatic pastoralists and Bantu farmers?
9. Transitions to farming in Europe: ex oriente lux?
10. The agricultural revolution in prehistory: why did foragers become farmers?