Science and Technology
Edited by John F. Scamehorn and Jeffrey H. Harwell
American Chemical Society
Table of Contents
1. Current Trends and Future Developments in Surfactant-Based Separations, John F. Scamehorn and Jeffrey H. Harwell
Surfactant-Enhanced Soil Remediation
2. Phase Behavior of Perchloroethylene with Mixtures of Sulfosuccinate Surfactants, V. Weerasooriya, W. H. Wade, and G. A. Pope
3. Integrated Demonstration of Surfactant-Enhanced Aquifer Remediation with Surfactant Regeneration and Reuse, V. Weerasooriya et al.
4. Soil Remediation with Microemulsions: Basic Properties, F.-H. Haegel et al.
5. Separation of Volatile Organic Compounds from Surfactant Solutions by Pervaporation, L. M. Vane et al.
6. The Use of Liquid-Liquid Extraction in Hollow Fiber Membrane for the Removal of Organic Contaminants from Aqueous Surfactant Streams, B. Kitiyanan et al.
7. Block Copolymer Micelles for Water Remediation, Jos T. F. Keurentjes
8. Wastewater Remediation: Utilization of Environmentally Responsive Polymeric Surfactants for the Sequestration of p-Cresol, R. Scott Armentrout, Michael F. Richardson, and Charles L. McCormick
9. Resolution of Eanantiomers Using Enantioselective Micelles in Ultrafiltration Systems, P. E. M. Overdevest et al.
10. Surfactant-Based Colloidal Particles as the Extracting Phase for the Removal of Metal Ions from Aqueous Environments: Kinetic and Applied Aspects, Christian Tondre
11. Micellar-Enhanced Ultrafiltration in a Spiral Wound Ultrafiltration Module and Comparison with Stirred Cell Performance, Bruce L. Roberts, John F. Scamehorn, and Sherril D. Christian
12. Crossflow Microfiltration Characteristics of Surfactants: The Effects of Membrane Physical Chemistry and Surfactant Phase Behavior on Gel Polarization and Rejection, G. Akay et al.
13. Organic Compounds Removal by Vesicle-Enhanced Ultrafiltration, Masahiko Abe and Yukishige Kondo
Adsorption- and Flotation-Based Separations
14. Nonionic Surfactants as Collectors for the Flotation of Oxidized and/or Low-Rank Coal, Douglas W. Fuerstenau, Guy H. Harris, and Renhe Jia
15. Flotation of PAH-Contaminated Dredged Sludge, Huib Mulleneers et al.
16. Studies of Adsorption and Aggregation of Cationic Surfactants on Silica Surfaces Using EPR, Martin G. Bakker et al.
17. Speciation of Metal-Containing Compounds Found in the Environment by Micellar Liquid Chromatography Interfaced to Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry, M. P. Dziewatkoski
18. Selectivity in Micellar Liquid Chromatography: Surfactant-Bonded Phase Associations in Micellar Reversed Phase Liquid Chromatography, Barry K. Lavine et al.
19. Determination of Distribution Ratios of Aromatic Compounds between Aqueous Solution and Surfactant-Covered Silica by a Chromatographic Method, Stefan Holzheu, Thilo Behrends, and Reimer Herrmann
20. Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization--Mass Spectrometry and Capillary Electrophoresis for the Analysis of Chemical Warfare Agent Degradation Products, A.-E. F. Nassar et al.
21. Particulate Removal from Oxygen Systems Using Surfactant-Enhanced Fluorinated Solvents, Gerard K. Newman et al.
Extraction and Deinking Processes
22. Reversed Micelles as Novel Protein Refolding Media, Masahiro Goto, Tsutomu Ono, and Shintaro Furusaki
23. Deinking of Papers Printed with Water-Based Inks: An Overview, John K. Borchardt