Statistics in Public Health
Quantitative Approaches to Public Health Problems
Edited by Donna F. Stroup, Ph.D, M.Sc. and Steven M. Teutsch, M.D., M.P.H.
Table of Contents
1. History of Statistical Methods in Public Health, Donna F. Stroup and Ruth L. Berkelman
2. Basic Concepts of Statistics, Nancy D.
3. Data Sources for Public Health, Stephen B. Thacker and Scott F. Wetterhall
4. Monitoring the Health of a Population, Owen Devine and R. Gibson Parrish
5. Investigating Health Effects and Hazards in the Community, Karen Kafadar and John S. Andrews, Jr.
6. Setting Priorities for Health Needs and Managing Resources, Martin Meltzer and Steven Teutsch
7. Statistical Issues in Developing Guidelines and Policies, Alan R. Hinman, Elizabeth R. Zell, and Dixie F. Snider, Jr.
8. Implementing and Managing Programs, Eduardo J. Simoes and Ross C. Brownson
9. Evaluation, Michael Hennessy