Standard Soil Methods for Long-Term Ecological Research
Edited by G. Philip Robertson, David C. Coleman, Caroline S. Bledsoe, and Phillip Sollins
Table of Contents
1. Soil Sampling, Preparation, Archiving, and Quality Control, R. D. Boone et al.
2. Site and Landscape Characterization for Ecological Studies, D. F. Grigal et al.
I. Soil Physical Properties
3. Soil Water and Temperature Status, W. M. Jarrell et al.
4. Soil Structural and Other Physical Properties, E. T. Elliott et al.
II. Soil Chemical Properties
5. Soil Carbon and Nitrogen: Pools and Fractions, P. Sollins et al.
6. Exchangeable Ions, pH, and Cation Exchange Capacity, G. P. Robertson et al.
7. Soil Phosphorus: Characterization and Total Element Analysis, K. Lajtha et al.
8. Analysis of Detritus and Organic Horizons for Mineral and Organic Constituents, M. E. Harmon and K. Lajtha
9. Collection of Soil Solution, K. Lajtha et al.
III. Soil Biological Processes
10. Soil CO2, N2O, and CH[4 Exchange, E. A. Holland et al.
11. Measuring Decomposition, Nutrient Turnover, and Stores in Plant Litter, M. E. Harmon, K. J. Nadelhoffer, and J. M. Blair
12. Dinitrogen Fixation, D. D. Myrold, R. W. Ruess, and M. J. Klug
13. Soil Carbon and Nitrogen Availability: Nitrogen Mineralization, Nitrification, and Soil Respiration Potentials, G. P. Robertson et al.
14. Denitrification, P. M. Groffman et al.
IV. Soil Organisms
15. The Determination of Microbial Biomass, E. A. Paul et al.
16. Characterizing Soil Microbial Communities, R. L. Sinsabaugh et al.
17. Soil Invertebrates, D. C. Coleman et al.
18. Methods for Ecological Studies of Mycorrhizae, N. C. Johnson, T. E. O'Dell, and C. S. Bledsoe
19. Measurement of Static Root Parameters: Biomass, Length, and Distribution in the Soil Profile, C. S. Bledsoe et al.
20. Fine Root Production and Demography, T. J. Fahey et al.