Rewriting The Hour-Glass
A Play Written in Prose and Verse Versions
W. B. Yeats and Edited by Wayne K. Chapman
Clemson University Press in association with Liverpool University Press
- Gives new approach to the display and delineation of texts, visual aids, and published variants.
- Presents for the first time a complete array of amendments that Yeats made in copies of the relevant editions that he had at hand.
- Includes a scholarly introduction, providing critical context and inductive summaries about the play and its rewriting.
- Provides easy-to-follow glosses to sources keyed in the lists of variants, and placed conveniently in relation to texts.
- Presents the play's source from Lady Wilde, all of Yeats's associated prefaces and notes, his lecture "The Reform of the Theatre," and selections from contemporary reviews.