Public Protection and the Criminal Justice Process
Table of Contents
Foreword by David Scott, Chief Officer, National Probation Service (London)
1. What is Dangerousness?
2. Behaviour causing concern
3. Assessment and Prediction
4. Driving the Agenda 1 - Sex Crimes
5. Driving the Agenda 2 - Dangerous Severe Personality Disorder and Psychopathy
6. Legislating for Protection
7. Legislating for Containment
8. Working Together to Manage Risk
9. Human Rights and Public Protection - No Contest?
10. Summary and Conclusion
Appendix 1 - Key Legislation and Home Office Circular References
Appendix 2 - Useful Web References