With an unrivalled combination of exceptional clarity and intelligent analysis, Politics is the perfect introduction to political studies. Written especially for undergraduate students, this is the only introduction to politics to combine genuine accessibility and an analytical approach, encouraging critical study and engaged debate right from the outset of a university course.
Alongside comprehensive coverage of concepts, approaches, and ideologies, the book features chapters on all crucial elements of political studies, from institutions and states to security, political economy, civil society, and the media, making it an ideal text for a broad range of courses.
Current debates and key developments in contemporary politics are taken into account, with coverage of the rise of populism, Brexit, and the Trump presidency, as well as a broad range of international case studies and examples.
Politics also features a lively and accessible design and a range of helpful learning features throughout, including key points, case studies, key debates, key thinkers, key quotes, and questions. The book is also fully supported by online resources to help students take their learning further.
- Test your knowledge of the chapters and receive instant feedback with online multiple choice questions.
- Take your learning further with relevant web links to reliable online content.
- Revise key terms and concepts from the text with a digital flashcard glossary.
- Learn more about key thinkers' ideas and backgrounds.
For registered lecturers:
- Reinforce key themes from each chapter with suggested seminar and essay questions.
- Incorporate active learning into your seminars with political scenarios, discussion questions, and teaching notes.
- Use the adaptable PowerPoint slides as the basis for lecture presentations or as hand-outs in class.
- Assess students' learning with a ready-made test bank, which can be customized to suit your needs.