Organizational Change and Redesign
Ideas and Insights for Improving Performance
Edited by George P. Huber and William H. Glick
Table of Contents
1. Sources and Forms of Organizational Change
Part I: The Challenge of Change
2. Downsizing and Redesigning Organizations, Kim S. Cameron, Sarah J. Freeman, and Aneil K. Mishra
3. Organizations Reacting to Hyperturbulence, Alan D. Meyer, James B. Goes, and Geoffrey R. Brooks
4. Implications of Top Managers' Communication Choices for Strategic Decisions, Richard L. Daft, Kenneth R. Bettenhausen, and Beverly B. Tyler
5. Effects of Executive Team Demography on Organizational Change, Charles A. O'Reilly III, et al.
6. The Impact of Upper-Echelon Diversity on Organizational Performance, William H. Glick, C. Chet Miller, and George P. Huber
7. Understanding and Predicting Organizational Change, George P. Huber, et al.
Part II: Redesigning Organizations
8. Managing the Process of Organizational Innovation, Andrew H. Van de Ven
9. Designing Global Strategic Alliances: Integrating Cultural and Economic Factors, John W. Slocum, Jr. and David Lei
10. (Re)Designing Dynamic Organizations, Peter R. Monge
11. Organizational Redesign As Improvisation, Karl E. Weick
Part III: Conclusion
12. What Was Learned About Organizational Change and Redesign
Epilogue Designing Postindustrial Organizations: Combining Theory and Practice, Arie Y. Levin and Carroll U. Stephens
Appendix Studying Changes in Organizational Design and Effectiveness: Retrospective Even Histories and Periodic Assessments, William H. Glick, et al.