New Zealand English
Jennifer Hay, Margaret A. Maclagan, and Elizabeth Gordon
Published by Edinburgh University Press
- A succinct but comprehensive account of the phonetic, phonological, morphosyntactic, lexical and discourse features which are characteristic of the dialect.
- A discussion of the historical development of New Zealand English.
- A description of the current social and regional variation within the variety.
- An indication of the areas where change is currently occurring.
- Sample texts and an annotated bibliography of relevant literature.There are also several associated audio files, which provide examples of many of the phenomena discussed: http://www.lel.ed.ac.uk/dialects/"