Table of Contents
I. Issues in the Philosophy of Language
1. Reference, Essence, and Identity
2. The Problem of De Re Modality
3. Quine on Quantifying In
II. Issues in Ontology
4. Prior on the Construction of Possible Worlds and Instants
5. Plantinga on the Reduction of Possibilist Discourse
6. The Problem of Possibilia
III. Issues in Metaphysics
7. The Varieties of Necessity
8. The Reality of Tense
9. Necessity and Non-Existence
10. Review of Lewis's 'Counterfactuals'
11. Review of Plantinga's 'Nature of Necessity'