Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C.(KC) Smith, Tony Chan Carusone, and Vincent Gaudet
Microelectronic Circuits by Sedra and Smith has served generations of electrical and computer engineering students as the best and most widely-used text for this required course. Respected equally as a textbook and reference, "Sedra/Smith" combines a thorough presentation of fundamentals with an introduction to present-day IC technology. It remains the best text for helping students progress from circuit analysis to circuit design, developing design skills and insights that are essential to successful practice in the field. Significantly revised with the input of two new coauthors, slimmed down, and updated with the latest innovations, Microelectronic Circuits, Eighth Edition, remains the gold standard in providing the most comprehensive, flexible, accurate, and design-oriented treatment of electronic circuits available today.
New to this Edition:
- New digital features: Forty step-by-step problem-solving videos--which help students bridge the gap from theory to application--are embedded in the eBook and accessible on a premium site for print purchasers
- Two new co-authors--Tony Chan Carusone of University of Toronto and Vincent Gaudet of University of Waterloo--add a fresh perspective rooted in their active teaching and research
- Thoroughly updated for increased modularity and flexibility: Changes have been made throughout most chapters to make it easier to teach if skipping chapters or covering them in a different order
- Overhaul of problem set (half of 1400 new or revised): As IC technology is constantly changing, problem statements have all been updated, as needed, to ensure they reflect the parameters of newer generations of IC technologies
- Streamlined coverage (200 page reduction): The authors place a greater emphasis on essentials to make it easier for students to grasp fundamentals and apply them to today's IC design challenges