"*" indicates new to this edition
Part I: Masculinities
1. Martha McCaughey, "Caveman Masculinity: Finding an Ethnicity in Evolutionary Science"
2. Paul Kivel, "The 'Act Like a Man' Box"
*3. Bethany M. Coston and Michael Kimmel, "Seeing Privilege Where It Isn't: Marginalized Masculinities and the Intersectionality of Privilege"
4. Yen Le Espiritu, "All Men Are Not Equal: Asian Men in U.S. History"
5. Hernan Ramirez and Edward Flores, "Latino Masculinities in the Post-9/11 Era"
Part II: Boyhood
*6. Victoria Redel, "Bedecked"
7. Ellen Jordan & Angela Cowan, "Warrior Narratives in the Kindergarten Classroom: Renegotiating the Social Contract"
*8. Ann Travers, "Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Kids and the Binary Requirements of Sport Participation in North America"
*9. Jessica Pfaffendorf 2017, "Sensitive Cowboys: Privileged Young Men and the Mobilization of Hybrid Masculinities in a Therapeutic Boarding School"
10. C. J. Pascoe, "'Guys are Just Homophobic': Rethinking Adolescent Homophobia and Heterosexuality"
Part III: Men and Work
*11. Marianne Cooper, "Being the 'Go-To Guy': Fatherhood, Masculinity, and the Organization of Work in Silicon Valley"
12. Adia Harvey Wingfield, "Racializing the Glass Escalator: Reconsidering Men's Experiences with Women's Work"
13. Kristen Schilt, "Just One of the Guys?: How Transmen Make Gender Visible at Work"
*14. Kristen Barber, "'Men Wanted': Heterosexual Aesthetic Labor in the Masculinization of the Hair Salon"
Part IV: Men and Health: Body and Mind
*15. Don Sabo, "Wrestling With the Risks: A Guide to Men's Health Studies" (original to this volume)
*16. Sapna Cheryan, Jessica Schwartz Cameron, Zach Katagiri, and Benoit Monin, "Manning Up: Threatened Men Compensate by Disavowing Feminine Preferences and Embracing Masculine Attributes"
17. Gloria Steinem, "If Men Could Menstruate"
*18. Michael Kehler, "Examining Boys, Bodies and PE Locker Room Spaces"
Part V: Men, Sex, and Relationships
*19. Tristan Bridges, "A Very 'Gay' Straight?: Hybrid Masculinities, Sexual Aesthetics, and the Changing Relationships between Masculinity and Homophobia"
20. Neil Korobov, "He's Got No Game: Young Men's Stories About Failed Romantic and Sexual Experiences"
21. Chong-Suk Han, "They Don't Want to Cruise Your Type: Gay Men of Color and the Racial Politics of Exclusion"
*22. Stefan Robinson, Eric Anderson, and Adam White, "The Bromance: Undergraduate Male Friendships and the Expansion of Contemporary Homosocial Boundaries"
Part VI: Men in Families
23. Dana Berkowitz, "Can a Gay Man be a Housewife? Gay Fathers Doing Gender, Family, and Parenting"
*24. Allen Kim and Karen Pyke, "Taming Tiger Dads: Hegemonic American Masculinity and South Korea's Father School"
*25. Daniel L. Carlson, Sarah Hanson, and Andrea Fitzroy, "The Division of Child care, Sexual Intimacy, and Relationships Quality in Couples"
*26. Sarah Thebaud and David Pedulla, "Masculinity and the Stalled Revolution: How Gender Ideologies and Norms Shape Young Men's Responses to Work-Family Policies"
Part VII: Masculinities in Religion
*27. Sarah Diefendorf, "After the Wedding Night: Sexual Abstinence and Masculinities over the Life Course"
*28. Amy D. McDowell, "Aggressive and Loving Men: Gender Hegemony in Christian Hardcore Punk"
*29. Zehra F. Kabasakal Arat & Abdullah Hasan, "Muslim masculinities: what is the prescription of the Qur'an?"
30. Michael S. Kimmel, "Judaism, Feminism, and Masculinity"
Part VIII: Masculinities in the Media and Popular Culture
*31. Kristen Barber & Tristan Bridges, "Marketing Manhood in a 'Postfeminist' Age"
*32. David Nyland, "Transmitting Softer Masculinity: Sports Talk Radio and Masculinity"
33. Ron Weitzer and Charis Kubrin, "Misogyny in Rap Music: A Content Analysis of Prevalence and Meanings"
34. Kathy Sanford and Leanna Madill, "Resistance Through Video Game Play: It's a Boy Thing"
Part IX: Violence and Masculinities
35. Michael Kaufman, "The Seven P's of Men's Violence"
*36. C. J. Pascoe and Jocelyn A. Hollander, "Good Guys Don't Rape: Gender, Domination, and Mobilizing Rape"
*37. Tristan Bridges and Tara Leigh Torber, "Mass Shootings and Masculinities"
*38. Lise Gotell and Emily Dutton, "Sexual Violence in the 'Manosphere': Antifeminist Men's Rights Discourses on Rape"
Part X: Politics of Masculinities
*39. Michael S. Kimmel, "Manufacturing Rage: The Cultural Construction of Aggrieved Entitlement"
*40. Michael A. Messner, "Forks in the Road of Men's Gender Politics: Men's Rights vs Feminist Allies"
*41. James W. Messerschmidt and Tristan Bridges, "Trump and the Politics of Fluid Masculinities"
*42. Tanya Golash-Boza and Pierrette Hondagneu-Sotelo, "Latino immigrant men and the deportation crisis: A gendered racial removal program"
Part XI: What Can Men Do?
43. Erin Casey and Tyler Smith, "How Can I Not? Men's Pathways to Involvement in Anti-Violence Against Women Work"
*44. Kelsy Kretschmer and Kristen Barber, "Men at the March: Feminist Movement Boundaries and Men's Participation in Take Back the Night and Slutwalk"
*45. Anjel Stough-Hunter and Julie Hart, "Understanding masculine identity among anti-war veterans"