Linear System Theory and Design
Striking a balance between theory and applications, Linear System Theory and Design, Fourth Edition, uses simple and efficient methods to develop results and design procedures that students can readily employ. Ideal for advanced undergraduate courses and first-year graduate courses in linear systems and multivariable system design, it is also a helpful resource for practicing engineers.
New to this Edition:
- All examples using MATLAB have been updated using the R2011a version
- Chapter 1 provides a brief history and overview of the subject
- Chapter 2 has been restructured in order to discuss four types of equations and to give reasons for focusing on rational transfer functions and state-space equations
- Chapter 4 includes a new section on SISO realizations and expanded discussions of computer computation and real-time processing of state-space equations
- Chapter 7 includes a new section on complete characterization