Table of Contents
1. Lignin and Lignan Biosynthesis: Distinctions and Reconciliations, Normal G. Lewis, Laurence B. Davin, and Simo Sarkanen
2. Upstream Metabolic Segments that Support Lignin Biosynthesis, Carol A. Bonner and Roy A. Jensen
3. Integrating Nitrogen and Phenylpropanoid Metabolic Pathways in Plants and Fungi, G. H. N. Towers et al.
4. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Lignin-Specific O-Methyltransferases from Woody Plant Species, Huabin Meng and Wilbur H. Campbell
5. Genes Involved in the Final Steps of Monolignol Biosynthesis and Their Manipulation for Tailoring New Lignins, A.-M. Boudet et al.
6. Beta-Glucosidases and Glucosyltransferases in Lignifying Tissues, D. Palitha Dharmawardhana and B. E. Ellis
7. Specific Compartmentalization of Peroxidase Isoenzymes in Relation to Lignin Biosynthesis in the Plant Cell, A. Ros Barceló, M. Morales, and M.A. Pedreño
8. Laccases Associated with Lignifying Vascular Tissues, Jeffrey F. D. Dean et al.
9. Coniferyl Alcohol Oxidase: a New Enzyme Spatio-Temporally Associated with Lignifying Tissues, R. N. Savidge et al.
10. Oxidase Coupling of Phenols and the Biosynthesis of Lignin, Gösta Brunow et al.
11. Biomimetic Initiation of Lignol Dehydropolymerization with Metal Salts, Lawrence L. Landucci and Sally Ralph
12. Modeling Lignification in Grasses with Monolignol Dehydropolymerisate-Cell Wall Complexes, John H. Grabber, John Ralph, and Ronald D. Hatfield
13. Cellulose and the Hemicelluloses: Patterns for the Assembly of Lignin, R. H. Atalla
14. Proposed Structure for Protolignin in Plant Cell Walls, N. Terashima, J. Nakashima, and K. Takabe
15. Template Polymerization in Lignin Biosynthesis, Simo Sarkanen
16. Cell Wall Cross-Linking in Grasses by Ferulates and Diferulates, John Ralph et al.
17. Improvement in NMR Structural Studies of Lignin through Two- and Three-Dimensional NMR Detection and Isotopic Enrichment, D. Robert et al.
18. Characterization of Milled Wood Lignins and Dehydrogenative Polymerisates from Monolignols by Carbon-13 NMR Spectroscopy, Chen-Loung Chen
19. Experimenting with Virtual Lignins, Lubo Jurasek
20. Efficient Ether Cleavage in Lignins: the Derivatization Followed by Reductive Cleavage Procedure as a Basis for New Analytical Methods, Fachuang Lu and John Ralph
21. Structural Diversity in Lignans and Neolignans, Adrian F. A. Wallis
22. The Biochemical Control of Monolignol Coupling and Structure during Lignan and Lignin Biosynthesis, Normal G. Lewis and Laurence B. Davin
23. Stereochemistry in Lignan Biosynthesis and Neolignan Preparation through Fungal Reduction, T. Katayama
24. Stereochemical Differences in Lignan Biosynthesis between Arctium lappa, Wikstroemia sikokiana, and Forsythia spp, Toshiaki Umezawa, Tomoya Okunishi, and Mikio Shimada
25. The 'Abonormal Lignins': Mapping Heartwood Formation through the Lignan Biosynthetic Pathway, David R. Gang et al.