HISTORY AND STRUCTURE
1. Lignin Chemistry, Technology, and Utilization: A Brief History, Joseph L. McCarthy and Aminul Islam
2. The Nature of Lignin: A Different View, K. Forss and K.-E. Fremer
3. Monolignol Compositional Determinants in Loblolly Pine: Aromatic Amino Acid Metabolism and Associated Rate-Limiting Steps, Hendrik van Rensburg et al.
4. Genetic Engineering of Poplar Lignins: Impact of Lignin Alteration on Kraft Pulping Performances, C. Lapierre et al.
5. Lignin-Polysaccharide Interactions in Woody Plants, Richard F. Helm
6. Structural Heterogeneity of Hardwood Lignin: Characteristics of End-Wise Lignin Fraction, Keko Hori and Gyosuke Meshitsuka
7. Molecular Orbital Calculations on the Interaction of Veratryl Alcohol with the Lignin Peroxidase Active Site, Thomas Elder and David C. Young
8. Lignin-Influence on Angiosperm Sapwood Susceptibility to White-Rot Fungal Colonization: A Hypothesis, Tor P. Schultz and Darrel D. Nicholas
9. Classification of Lignin According to Chemical and Molecular Structure, Wolfgang G. Glasser
10. An Overview of Chemical Degradation Methods for Determining Lignin Condensed Units, Y.-Z. Lai, H. Xu, and R. Yang
11. Using Raman Spectroscopy to Identify Chromophores in Lignin-Lignocellulosics, U. P. Agarwal and R. H. Atalla
12. Limiting Molecular Weight of Lignin from Autocatalyzed Organosolv Pulping of Hardwood, H. L. Hergert, G. C. Goyal, and J. H. Lora
13. Structural Investigation of Dehydrogenation Polymer (models of lignin) Films at the Air-Water Interface by Neutron Reflectivity, B. Cathala et al.
14. Comparative Analysis of the Lignins of Cork from Quercus suber L. and Wood from Eucalyptus globulus L. by Dry Hydrogen Iodide Cleavage, L. G. Akim et al.
MODIFICATION AND UTILIZATION
15. Commercial Use of Lignin-Based Materials, J. D. Gargulak and S. E. Lebo
16. Synthesis of ¹]4C-Labelled 1-Ethenylbenzene Using Wittig Reaction and Synthesis of Graft Copolymer of Lignin and ¹]4C-Labelled 1-Ethenylbenzene, Meng-Jiu Chen and John J. Meister
17. Blends of Biodegradable Thermoplastics with Lignin Esters, Indrajit Ghosh, Rajesh K. Jain, and Wolfgang G. Glasser
18. Thermoplastics with Very High Lignin Contents, Yan Li and Simo Sarkanen
19. Plasma Modification of Lignin, G. Toriz, F. Denes, and R. A. Young
PULPING AND BLEACHING
20. Chemistry of Pulping: Lignin Reactions, Josef S. Gratzl and Chen-Loung Chen
21. The Interplay between Oxygen-Derived Radical Species in the Delignification during Oxygen and Hydrogen Peroxide Bleaching, Josef Gierer
22. A Comparison of the Structural Changes Occurring in Lignin during Alcell and Kraft Pulping of Hardwoods and Softwoods, Ying Liu et al.
23. A Room-Temperature *B-O-4 to *a-O-4 Rearrangement, D. L. Criss et al.
24. Peracids in Kraft Pulp Bleaching: Past, Present, and Future, K. Poppius-Levlin et al.
25. Chemical Modification of Lignin-Rich Paper: Light-Induced Changes of Softwood and Hardwood Chemithermomechanical Pulps: The Effect of Irradiation Source, Magnus Paulsson and Arthur J. Ragauskas
26. Investigation of ortho- and para-Quinone Chromophores in Alkaline Extraction Stage Residual Lignins, Michael Zawadzki, Troy Runge, and Arthur J. Ragauskas
27. Chemical Characteristics of Lignins Extracted from Softwood TMP after O[3 and CIO2 Treatment, D. R. Robert, M. Szadeczki, and D. Lachenal