Jews in a Graeco-Roman World
Edited by Martin Goodman
Table of Contents
Part I: The Hellenistic and Roman world - Jewish perspectives
1. Jews, Greeks, and Romans, Martin Goodman
2. Jews, Greeks, and Romans in the Third Sibylline Oracle, Erich Gruen
3. The hellenization of Jerusalem and Shechem, Seth Schwartz
4. Josephus' Tobiads, Daniel Schwartz
Part II: Social Integration?
5. Jewish and Christian Communities in Southern Palestine, Benjamin Isaac
6. `And he made his grave with the wicked', David Noy
Part III: Similarities?
7. Graeco-Roman Voluntary Associations and Jewish Sects, Albert Baumgarten
8. Antichrist among Jews and Gentiles, William Horbury
9. Rhetoric and assumptions: Romans and Rabbis on Sex, Michael Satlow
10. Gambling in Ancient Jewish Society and in the Graeco-Roman World, Joshua Schwartz
11. The Rabbis and the Documents, Hannah Cotton
12. Jewish Penal Authority in Roman Judaea, Aharon Oppenheimer
Part IV: Differences?
13. Synagogue Leadership in the Diaspora and Palestine, Lee Levine
14. The Structure of the Jewish Community in Rome, Margaret Williams
15. The Gifts of God at Sardis, Tessa Rajak
16 Dissonance and Misinterpretation in Jewish-Roman Relations. Sacha Stern