The Challenge of Pluralism in the 21st Century
Edited by John L. Esposito and Ibrahim Kalin
Table of Contents
Foreword - Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Conference
Introduction - John L. Esposito
THE CONTEXT OF ISLAMOPHOBIA
1. Ibrahim Kalin, "Islamophobia and the Limits of Multiculturalism"
2. Jocelyne Cesari, "Islamophobia in the West: A Comparison Between Europe and America".
3. Sam Cherribi, "Islamophobia in Germany, Austria and Holland"
4. Tahir Abbas, "Islamophobia in the UK: Historical and Contemporary Political and Media Discourses in the Framing of a Twenty-First century Anti-Muslim Racism"
5. Mohamed Nimer, "Breaking the Vicious Cycle of Islamophobia and Anti-Americanism"
6. Sherman A. Jackson, "Muslims, Islam(s) and Race in America"
7. Sunaina Maira, "Islamophobia and the War on Terror: Youth, Citizenship, and Dissent"
8. Juan Cole, "Islamophobia and American Foreign Policy"
9. Anas Shaikh Ali, "Islamophobic Discourse Masquerading as Art and Literature: Combating Myth through Progressive Education"
10. Kate Zebiri, Orientalist Themes in Contemporary British Islamophobia
11. Peter Gottschalk and Gabriel Greenberg, "From Muhammad to Obama: Caricatures, Cartoons, and Stereotypes of Muslims"