Ireland and Empire
Colonial Legacies in Irish History and Culture
Table of Contents
2. Contexts and Concepts
3. The Past in the Present
4. Irish Nationalists and the Colonial Image
5. British Imperialists and Their Critics
6. Chroniclers and Revisionists
7. Colonialism, Criticism, and Cultural Theory
8. The Irish Republic as 'Postcolonial' Polity
9. Northern Ireland after 1968: An Anticolonial Struggle?
10. Ulster Unionism--A Colonial Culture?
11. Comparative Perspectives
Notes, Bibliography, Index