Introduction to International Relations: Theories and Approaches
Georg Sørensen, Jørgen Møller, and Robert Jackson
Table of Contents
Part 1 Studying IR
1. Why Study IR?
2. IR as an Academic Subject
Part 2 Major IR Theories and Approaches
5. International Society
6. International Political Economy: Marxism, Mercantilism, Liberalism
7. Social Constructivism
8. Post-positivist Approaches: Post-Structuralism, Postcolonialism, Feminism
Part 3 Theory Meets the Real World: Policy and Issues
9. Foreign Policy
10. Major Issues in IPE: Economic versus Political Power, Development, Globalisation, How to Study the Real World
11. Major Issues in IR: Climate Change, Terrorism, Religion, Power and Hegemony
12. The Big Question: World Order or World Chaos?