Intelligence: A Very Short Introduction
Ian J. Deary
Table of Contents
List of illustrations
A word about correlation
1. To see 'g' or not to see 'g': How many types of intelligence are there?
2. Ageing and intelligence - senility or sagacity? What happens to mental abilities as we grow older?
3. Brainy? Why are some people cleverer than others?
4. 'They **** you up your Mum and Dad': Are intelligence differences a result of genes or environments or both?
5. The (b)right man for the job: Does intelligence matter?
6. The lands of the rising IQ: Is intelligence changing generation by generation?
7. Twelve angry men: Getting experts to agree about human intelligence differences