Inequalities in Health
Concepts, Measures, and Ethics
Edited by Nir Eyal, Samia A. Hurst, Ole F. Norheim, and Dan Wikler
Table of Contents
Nir Eyal, Samia Hurst, Sara Marchand, Ole F. Norheim, Dan Wikler -- "Introduction: Inequalities in Health: Concepts, Measures, and Ethics"
Part I: Defining and measuring health inequality
1. Larry Temkin - "Inequality and Health"
2. Tony Atkinson - "Health Inequality, Health Inequity and Health Spending"
3. Yukiko Asada - "A Summary Measure of Health Inequalities: Incorporating Group and Individual Inequalities"
4. Kasper Lippert Rasmussen - "When Group Measures of Health Should Matter
5. Erik Nord - "Priority to the Worse Off: Severity of Current and Future Illness Versus Shortfall in Life Time Health"
6. Gustaf Arrhenius- "Egalitarian Concerns and Population Change"
Part II: Health Inequality and egalitarianism
7. Dan Hausman - "Egalitarian Critiques of Health Inequalities"
8. Alex Voorhoeve and Marc Fleurbaey - "Decide as You Would with Full Information! An Argument against ex ante Pareto"
9. Johann Frick - Uncertainty and Justifiability to Each Person
10. Shlomi Segall - "Equality of Opportunity For Health"
11. Wlodek Rabinowicz - "When in Doubt, Equalize"
12. Norman Daniels - "Reducing Health Disparities: No Simple Matter"
13. Nir Eyal - "Levelling Down Health"
14. Ole Norheim - "Atkinson's Measure of Inequality: Can Measures of Economic Inequality Help Us Understand Trade-Offs in Healthcare Priority Setting?"
15. Toby Ord And Nick Beckstead - "Rationing and Rationality: The Cost of Avoiding Discrimination"
16. Frances M. Kamm - Rationing and the Disabled: Several Proposals
Part III: Health Inequality and Public Policy
17. Angus Deaton - "What does the Empirical Evidence on SES and Health Tell Us About Inequity and About Policy?"
18. Michael Marmot-Fair Society Healthy Lives
19. Julian Le Grand - "Individual Responsibility, Health and Health Care"
20. Ritu Sadana - "WHO's Social Determinants Commission - Concepts and Measures of Health Inequalities"