History and Identity in the Late Antique Near East
Edited by Philip Wood
Table of Contents
List of Contributors
1. Sophronius of Jerusalem and the End of Roman History
2. Identity, philosophy, and the problem of Armenian history in the sixth century
Tara L. Andrews
3. The Chronicle of Seert and Roman ecclesiastical history in the Sasanian world
4. Why were the Syrians interested in Greek philosophy?
5. You are What You Read: Qenneshre and the Miaphysite Church in the Seventh Century
6. The Prophet's City before the Prophet: Ibn Zab?la (d. after 199/814) on Pre-Islamic Medina
7. Topoi and Topography in the histories of al-??ra
8. 'The Crinkly Haired People of the Black Earth'; examining Egyptian identities in Ibn 'Abd al-?akam's Fut??
9. Forgetting Ctesiphon: Iran's Pre-Islamic Past, ca. 800-1100
10. Legal knowledge and local practices under the early Abbasids