The Professions and Corporate Governance
John C. Coffee Jr.
Table of Contents
Part I: What Happened?
2. The Failure of Gatekeepers
3. Explaining Gatekeeper Failure?
4. A Comparative Perspective
Part II: The Development of Gatekeepers
5. The Rise, Fall, and Redefinition of the Auditor: From Bookkeeper to Professional to Information Consultant
6. Corporate Attorneys as Gatekeepers: The Short History of a Developing Concept
7. Securities Analysts
8. The Ratings Agencies
Part III: The Search for Reform
9. What Went Wrong?
10. What Should Work? (And How to Get There)
11. Conclusion: The Future of Gatekeeping