Table of Contents
Overview and Perspectives
1. Finding Bioavailable Phytochemicals Which Express a Beneficial Effect on the Health.
2. An Overview of Single Cell Gel Electrophoresis (SCGE) Based Dietary Human Intervention Trials for the Detection of DNA Protective Food Components.
3. Identification and characterization of flavonoid target proteins.
4. Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) for the Quality Assurance and Safety of Traditional Chinese Herbs Used in Dietary Supplements.
Bioavailability and Metabolism
5. Bioavailability and Metabolic Fate of Anthocyanins.
6. Modulation of Human Phenol Sulfotransferases Expression by Dietary Phenolic Acids.
7. Transformation of Daidzein to Equol and Its Bioactivity.
8. Structures and Functionalities of Acylated Anthocyanins.
9. A Possible Mechanism That Flavonoids Exert Anti-carcinogenesis with Activation of ?-Glucuronidase in Cancerous Tissues.
10. Phenolic Content and Antioxidant Activity of Whole Wheat Grain and Its Components.
11. All natural whole-wheat functional foods for health promotion and disease prevention.
12. Total Phenolic Content and Antioxidant Activity of Cereals.
13. Evaluation of Antioxidant Activity of Curcumin-free Turmeric (Curcuma longa L.) Oil and Identification of Its
14. Identification and Evaluation of Antioxidant Phenolic Compounds in Parsley (Petroselinum crispum var. neapolitanum) and Radish (Raphanus sativus L.) Sprout.
15. Antioxidant Constituents in Tree Nuts: Health Implicationsand Aflatoxin Inhibition.
16. Natural Bioactive Antioxidants for the Enrichment of Seafood.
17. Antioxidant Activity of Volatile Extracts Isolated from Various Herbs and Spices.
18. Antioxidative Stress Peptides.
19. Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Activities of LicoriceRoot (Glycyrrhiza uralensis): Aroma Extract.
20. Redox Properties of Proanthocyanidins and their Health Implications.
21. Antioxidant Effects of Flavonoids Isolated from Young Green Barley Leaves toward Oxidative Degradation of ?-Carotene.
22. The Role of Copigmentation with Phenolic Compounds on the Vitamin C Resistance and Antioxidant Activity of Anthocyanins.
23. Antioxidant Activities of Polyphenol Containing Extracts from Citrus.
24. Antioxidant and Biocide Activities of Selected Mexican and Chilean Plants.
Carcinogenesis and Anti-carcinogenesis
25. Anthocyans and Chemoprevention: Evidence from Cellular Investigations.
26. DNA Intercalation, Topoisomerase I Inhibition, and Oxidative Reactions of Polyphenols.
27. The Cancer Preventive Potential of Tea Polyphenol EGCG in HER2-positive Breast Cancer.
28. Induction of Apoptosis by Acetylated Black Tea Polyphenol through ROS Production, Cytochrome c Release, and Caspases Activation in Human Leukemia HL-60 Cells.
29. Liver Carcinogenesis and 8-Hydroxy-deoxyguanosin Formation by Oxidized Lard and Dietary Oils.
30. Suppressive Effects of Flavonoids on Activation of the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Induced by Dioxins.
Other Health Effects
31. Anti-obesity Effect Fucoxanthin, from Edible Seaweeds, and its Multi-biological Functions.
32. Synergistic Antibacterial Effect of 5-Methylthiopentyl Isothiocyanate and (-)-Limonene on Periodontal Pathogen.
33. Immunomodulatory Activities of ?-Glucan in Mushroom.
34. Osteoporosis Prevention by ?-Cryptoxanthin.
35. Promotion of Bone Formation by Phytate-removed Deamidated Soybean Glycinin.
36. Effects of Polyphenol Rich Herbal Medicine, Ginkgo biloba Extracts on Neurotransmitter Levels in Rat Brain.
37. Serum LDL-cholesterol-lowering effects of a mixed green vegetable and fruit beverage containing broccoli and cabbage in human.
38. The effects of Morinda citrifolia L. Noni on High Blood Pressure: A mechanistic Investigation and Case Study.
39. Serum Cholesterol-lowering Effects of a Broccoli and Cabbage Mixture in Rats : Comparison with Spinach, Celery, Carrot and Tomato.
40. Vialinins A and B: Novel Bioactive Compounds from Thelephora vialis, an Edible Mushroom in China.