Fossils and Evolution
Table of Contents
Part I PRINCIPLES
2. Some fundamental ideas
3. Evolutionary theory: analysing process
4. Taxonomy: analysing pattern
5. Incompleteness and what to do about it
Part II PRACTICES
6. Fossils and phylogeny: if only we had more fossils
7. Speciation: gradual, punctuated, or what?
8. Rules and laws of taxonomic turnover: are there any?
9. Mass extinctions: resetting the evolutionary clock
10. The origin of new higher taxa: the ultimate question
11. Epilogue: where next?