Overview and Perspectives
1. Food Factors in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Fereidoon Shahidi and Chi-Tang Ho
2. Bioavailability and Biological Activity of Tea Polyphenols, Hong Lu et al.
3. Structured Lipids Enriched with Omega-3 and Omega-6 Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids, S. P. J. Namal Senanayake and Fereidoon Shahidi
4. Effects of Tea Polyphenols on Arachidonic Acid Metabolism in Human Colon, Jungil Hong and Chung S. Yang
Signal Transduction and Gene Modulation
5. Prevention and Therapy of Cancer by Food Factors through p53-Dependent or -Independent Apoptosis, Zigang Dong
6. Cancer Chemoprevention by Phytopolyphenols through Modulating Mitotic and Differentiating Signal Transduction Pathways, Jen-Kun Lin et al.
7. Significance of Bcl-2 Protein Phosphorylation in Cancer Cells for Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical Discovery, Mohamed M. Rafi
8. Modulation of Cytokine Gene Expression by Curcumin, Marion Man-Ying Chan et al.
9. Suppression of Transcriptional Activity of Gene Promoter for Cyclooxygenase-2 and Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase in Colon Cancer Cells, Michihiro Mutoh et al.
10. Divergent Cytotoxic Effects of Conjugated Linoleic Acid Isomers on NCI-N87 Cells, Sook J. Park et al.
11. Green Tea Extracts Prevent the Dioxin Toxicity through the Suppression of Transformation of the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor, Itsuko Fukuda et al.
12. Preventive Effects of Food Components on Caspase-8-Mediated Apoptosis Induced by Dietary Carcinogen, Trp-P-1, in Rat Mononuclear Cells, Takashi Hashimoto et al.
13. A Tryptophan Pyrolysis Product, 3-Amino-1, 4-dimethyl-5H-pyrido[4,3-b]indole (Trp-P-1) but Not Its Metabolite Induces Apoptosis in Primary Cultured Rat Hepatocytes: Induction of CYP 1A Interfaces Trp-P-1-Induced Apoptosis, Bunsyo Shiotani et al.
14. Simulation of TNF-*a and NO Production from Murine Macrophage by Water-Soluble Polysaccharides from Isaria japonica, Sachiko Kawakami et al.
15. Role of Histone Acetyltransferase and Deacetylase in the Retinoic Acid-Induced Differentiation of F9 cells, Chunyuan Jim et al.
Biomarker and Animal Models
16. In Vivo Inhibition of Mammary Carcinogenesis, Formation of DNA-Carcinogen Adducts, and Mammary Proliferation by Dietary Dibenzoylmethane, Chuan-Chuan Lin et al.
17. Protective Effects of Dibenzoylmethane on Chemically- and UV Light-Induced Skin, Inflammation, Sunburn Lesions, and Skin Carcinogenesis in Mice, Mou-Tuan Huang et al.
18. Inflammatory Response in the Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis and Its Prevention by Rosmarinic Acid, a Functional Ingredient of Rosemary, Yuji Naito, Shigenori Oka, and Toshikazu Yoshikawa
19. Inhibitory Effects of Oral Administration of an Extract of Orange Peel in the Diet on Azoxymethane-Induced Formation of Aberrant Crypt Foci and Colon Tumor in CF-1 Mice, Wei Ding et al.
20. Tea Extracts Modulate a Glucose Transport System in 3T3-L1 Adipocytes, Takashi Furuyashiki et al.
21. Suppression of Cytochrome P4501 a Subfamily in Mouse Liver by Oral Intake of Polysaccharides from Mushrooms, Lentinus edodes and Agaricus blazei, Hitoshi Ashida et al.
22. Antioxidants in Processed Garlic: Tetrahydro-*b-carboline Derivatives in Aged Garlic Extract, Nagatoshi Ide et al.
23. Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Method for Fructosylarginine, an Antioxidant in the Aged Garlic Extract, Kenjiro Ryu et al.
24. Antioxidant Activity of Electrolized Sodium Chloride: Inhibitory Effect of Cathodic Solution Produced by the Electrolysis of a Dilute NaCl Solution on the Oxidation of Lipids and Lipid Related Compounds, Kazuo Miyashita et al.
25. Antioxidative Peptides in Porcine Myofibrillar Protein Hydrolysates by Protease Treatment, Ai Saiga and Toshihide Nishimura
Fruits and Vegetables
26. Structure and Genetic Variation of Cranberry Proanthocyanidins That Inhibit Adherence of Uropathogenic P-Fimbriated E. coli, Nicholi Vorsa et al.
27. Fractionation, Antioxidant Activity, and Cytotoxicity of Cranberry Fruit Extracts, Catherine C. Neto et al.
28. Conversion of Carotenoids to Retinoids and Other Oxidation Products, Akihiko Nagao and Eiichi Kotake-Nara
29. Carotenoid and Polyphenol Content of Different Tomato Cultivars and Related Antioxidant Activity, P. G. Pietta et al.
30. Garlic Chemistry: Chemical and Biological Properties of Sulfur-Containing Containing Compounds Derived from Garlic, Yukihiro Kodera et al.
31. Isothiocyanates as Inducers of Phase II Drug-Metabolizing Enzyme: Involvement of Cellular Redox Alteration, Yoshimasa Nakamura
32. Separation and Bioactivity of Diarylheptanoids from Lesser Galangal (Alpinia officinarum), Zhihua Liu et al.
33. Inhibition of Carcinogenesis by Tea Aqueous Non-Dialyzates Fractionated from Crude Tea Extracts, Yoshiyuki Nakamura et al.
Other Food Factors
34. Structural Modification to Improve Psyllium Functionality, Liangli Yu
35. Effect of Antioxidants on Photosensitized Degradation of Methionine by Riboflavin, Shuichi Muranishi et al.
36. Comparative Study of Glycans in Lactoferrin-a and Lactoferrin-b, Zheng Wei and Toshihide Nishimura
37. Influence of Endopeptidases and Aminopeptidases on the Production of Taste Peptides and Free Amino Acids in Muscle Foods, Toshihide Nishimura