Food and Sustainability
Edited by Paul Behrens, Thijs Bosker, and David Erhardt
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: can we feed the world sustainabily?
PART I: Food and environment
2. Biodiversity: what are the impacts of food production on biodiversity?
3. Pollution: how are food systems driving environmental pollution?
4. Water: how does agriculture impact water quantity and quality?
5. Soils: what are the impacts of agriculture on soils?
6. Climate change: how will food systems and the climate interact?
7. Energy: what is the role of energy in food production, and how must it change?
Part II: Food and society
8. Nutrition: how are healthy diets linked to environmental impacts?
9. Food security: what are the challenges in providing everyone accessible, affordable, and healthy food?
10. Consumption: how can we promote sustainable food consumption?
Part III: Food systems and governance
11. Food systems: how are food systems organised in a globalised economy?
12. Collective action: how do collective action problems hinder the transition to sustainable food systems?
13. Governance: how can food systems be effectively governed to promote sustainability?
14. Food aid: how can food aid improve food security sustainably?
15. Conclusions: rethinking sustainability in food systems