1. Introductory Chapter, Nelson and Wilkie
2. Flammability properties of polymer-clay nanocomposites, Morgan, et al.
3. Recent studies on thermal stability and flame retardancy of polystyrene-nonocomposites, Zhu, Uhl, Wilkie
Fire smart polymers
4. Fire Smart Polymers, Pearce, Weil, Barinov
5. High performance polyimide foams, Williams, et al.
6. Comprehensive study of thermal and fire behavior or para-aramid and polybenzazole fibers, Flambard, et al.
7. Cone calorimetric analysis of modified polyurethane elastomers and foams with flame-retardant additives, Najafi-Mohajeri, Jayakody, Nelson
8. Mechanism of expandable graphite fire retardant action in polyurethanes, Camino, et al.
9. Synthesis of phosphorius-containing two component polyurethane coating and evaluation of their flame retardancy, Choi, et al.
10. Cross-linking of polystyrene by Friedel-Crafts chemistry: a review, Yao and Wilkie
11. Use of carbonizing polymers as additives for intumescent polymer blends, LeBras and Bourbigot
12. The effect of aluminosilicates on the intumescent ammonium polyphosphate/penaerythritol flame retardant systems - an X-ray photoelectron spectroscopic study, Wang, Wei, Hao
13. Role of interface modification in flame retarded multiphase polyolefin systems, Marosi, et al
14. Thermal degradation and combustion mechansism of EVA-magnesium hydroxide-zinc borate, Bourbigot, Carpentier, LeBras
15. Optimization of processing parameters for fire-retardant polymer-based formulations, Cartier, et al.
16. Fire retardancy and thermal stability of materials coated by organosilicon thin films using a cold remote plasma process, Jama, et al.
17. Phosphorus-containing fire retardants in aliphatic nylons, Levchik, Levchik, Murashko
18. Zinc borates - 30 years of successful development as multifunctional fire retardants, Shen
19. Oxygenated hydrocarbon compounds as flame retardants for polyester fabric, Bisschoff, Focke
20. Reductive dechlorination of a cycloaliphatic fire retardant by antimony trioxide and nylon 6,6, Starnes, Kang, Payne
21. New copper complexes as potential smoke suppressants for poly(vinyl chloride), Pike, et al
22. Processing and thermo-oxidative aging of high impact polystyrene containing fire retardant, Moller, Lausman, Boldizar
Assessment and performance
23. Fire performance of organic polymers, thermal decomposition, and chemical composition, Hirschler
24. Studies of chemical behavior in the different regions of polymer combustion and the influence of flame retardants thereon, Price, et al
25. Combustion toxicity and chemometrics, Metcalfe and Tetteh
26. Thermal degradation of poly(vinyl acetate), Dick, Liggat, Snape
27. Thermal characterization of thermoset matrix resins, Kandola, et al
28. Flammability studies of fire retardant coating on wood, Koo, et al