Field Responsive Polymers
Electroresponsive, Photoresponsive, and Responsive Polymers in Chemistry and Biology
Edited by Ishrat M. Khan and Joycelyn S. Harrison
American Chemical Society
Table of Contents
1. Microwave and Optical Properties of Conducting Polymers: From Basic Research to Applications
2. Separation and Concentration of Anionic Organic Electrolytes by Electrotransport through Polyethylene Films Grafted with Cationic Polymers, Kazunori Yamada, Koki Sasaki, and Mitsuo Hirata
3. Ionic Polymer-Metal Composites as Biomimetic Sensors and Actuators-Artificial Muscles, M. Shahinpoor et al.
4. Nonaqueous Polymer Electrolytes of Electrochromic Devices, J. R. Stevens et al.
5. Morphology and Luminescence Properties of Poly(phenylenevinylene) and Poly(N-vinylpyrrolidone) Polyblends, King-Fu Lin, Lu-Kuen Chang, and Horng-Long Cheng
6. An Overview of the Piezoelectric Phenomenon in Amorphous Polymers, Zoubeida Ounaies, Jennifer A. Young, and Joycelyn S. Harrison
7. The Electrorheological Properties of Chitosan Sulfate Suspensions, Shuizhu Wu and Jiarui Shen
8. Field-Responsive Conjugated Polymers, Karim Faïd and Mario Leclerc
9. Dielectric and Electro-Optical Properties of a Ferroelectric Side-Chain Liquid Crystalline Polysiloxane Containing Azobezene Dyes as Guest Molecules, Rong-Ho Lee, Ging-Ho Hsiue, and Ru-Jong Jeng
10. High Dielectric Constant (Microwave Frequencies) Polymer Composites, Shailendra Negi et al.
PHOTORESPONSIVE POLYMERS: NONLINEAR OPTICAL AND PHOTOREFRACTIVE
11. Identification of Critical Structure-Function Relationships in the Preparation of Polymer Thin Films for Electro-Optic Modular Applications, A. W. Harper et al.
12. Novel Side Chain Liquid Crystalline Polymers for Quadratic Nonlinear Optics, F. Kajzar et al.
13. Dielectric Relaxation and Second-Order Nonlinearity of Copolymethacrylates Containing Tolane-Based Mesogenic Groups, Ging-Ho Hsiue, Ru-Jong Jeng, and Rong-Ho Lee
14. Photorefractive Polymers and Polymer-Dispersed Liquid Crystals, B. Kippelen et al.
15. Novel Photorefractive Materials Based on Multifunctional Organic Glasses, Qing Wang et al.
16. An Oligo(3-alkylthiophene) Containing Material Showing High Photorefractivity, Wenjie Li et al.
17. Methodology for the Synthesis of New Multifunctional Polymers for Photorefractive Applications, K. D. Belfield et al.
RESPONSIVE POLYMERS IN CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY
18. Stimuli-Responsive Behavior of N,N-Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Polymers and Their Hydrogels, Fu-Mian Li et al.
19. Thermoreversible Gelation of Syndiotactic Poly(methyl methacrylate) Based Block Copolymers in o-Xylene, J. M. Yu and R. Jerome
20. Synthetic Design of "Responsive" Surfaces, David E. Bergbreiter
21. Thermosensitive Properties of Flat Poly(tetrafluoroethylene) Plates Surface-Grafted with N-Isopropylacrylamide and 2-(Dimethylamino)ethyl Methacrylate, Kiyomi Matsuda et al.
22. Temperature- and pH-Responsive Polymers for Controlled Polypeptide Drug Delivery, C. Ramkissoon-Ganorkar et al.