Evolution of Infectious Disease
Paul W. Ewald
Table of Contents
1. Why This Book?
2. Symptomatic Treatment (Or How to Bind The Origin of Species to The Physician's Desk Reference)
3. Vectors, Vertical Transmission, and the Evolution of Virulence
4. How to be Severe without Vectors
5. When Water Moves like a Mosquito
6. Attendant-Borne Transmission (Or How are Doctors and Nurses like Mosquitoes, Machetes, and Moving Water?)
7. War and Disease
8. AIDS: Where Did it Come From and Where is it Going?
9. The Fight Against AIDS: Biomedical Strategies and HIV's Evolutionary Responses
10. A Look Backward...
11. ...And a Glimpse Forward (Or WHO Needs Darwin)