European Economic Governance and Policies
Volume II: Commentary on Key Policy Documents
Edited by Kenneth Dyson and Lucia Quaglia
Table of Contents
Introduction: Putting the Cart before the Horse?
1. Financial Stability and Macro-Prudential Supervision: Dealing with Systemic Risk
2. Monetary Policy Strategy and Operations: Delivering Price Stability
3. Payment and Settlement Systems: Creating Financial Infrastructure
4. Exchange-Rate Policy: Practising Benign Neglect
5. Enlargement: Providing Shelter, Enforcing Convergence
6. External Representation: Finding a Clear Voice
7. Fiscal Policy Coordination: Pursuing Discipline
8. Economic Policy Coordination: Seeking to Strengthen Mutual Surveillance
Conclusion: European Macro-Economic Governance: Coherence, Constructive Ambiguity, and 'Reform by Stealth'
List of Documents