John R. Peteet, M.D., Mary Lynn Dell, M.D., D.Min. and Wai Lun Alan Fung, M.D., ScD, FRCPC
Part One: General Considerations
2. Values and Pluralism in Psychiatry
John R. Peteet, M.D.
3. Theological Ethics Relevant to Mental Health and Psychiatry: An Overview
Daniel Grossoehme, M.Div., D.Min. and Mary Lynn Dell, M.D., D.Min.
4. Ethical Issues Related to Religious Considerations in Psychiatric Diagnosis
Allan M. Josephson, M.D.
5. Unhealthy and Potentially Harmful Uses of Religion
James Griffith, M.D. and Gina Magyar-Russell, Ph.D.
6. Spiritual and Religious Concerns Presenting in Psychiatric Treatment
Len Sperry, M.D., Ph.D.
7. The Role of Religious Professionals in Ethical Decision Making in Mental Health
Nancy Kehoe, R.S.C.J., Ph.D.
8. Ethics Committees and Consultation in Mental Health
Don C. Postema, Ph.D.
9. Practical Implications of Personal Spirituality
James Lomax, M.D. and Nathan Carlin, Ph.D.
Part Two: Specific Clinical Contexts
10. Outpatient Psychiatry
Morgan M. Medlock, M.D., M.Div. and David H. Rosmarin, Ph.D., ABPP
11. Inpatient Psychiatry
Shad S. Ali, M.D. and Abraham M. Nussbaum, M.D., M.T.S.
12. Religious/Spiritual Aspects of Ethical Dilemmas in C/L Psychiatry
Marta Herschkopf, M.D. and John Peteet, M.D.
13. Addiction Psychiatry
Christopher C. H. Cook, M.B. B. S., M.D., M.A., Ph. D., Eilish Gilvarry, M.B., M.Ch., B.A.O. and Andrea Hearn, B.Sc. (hons), Ph.D., M.B. B.S.
14. Geriatric and End of Life Psychiatry
John R. Peteet, MD
15. Ethics, Religion, and Spirituality in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Carol Kessler, M.D., M.Div. and Mary Lynn Dell, M.D., D.Min.
16. Spirituality, Ethics, and People with Intellectual Disabilities
William Gaventa, M.Div., and Mary Lynn Dell, M.D., D.Min.
17. Mental Disorder and Transformation: Perspectives from Community Psychiatry
Tony Benning, M.D.
18. International Perspectives on Ethical Issues in Religion and Psychiatry
Walid Sarhan, M.B.B.S., FRCPsych and Wai Lun Alan Fung, M.D., ScD, FRCPC
19. Ethical Considerations for Mental Health Providers Responding to Disasters and Emergencies
Samuel B. Thielman, M.D., Ph.D. and Glenn Goss, D.S.W.
20. Forensic Psychiatry
Michael A. Norko M.D., M.A.R.
21. Ethical Considerations Regarding Religion/spirituality in Psychiatric Research
Alexander Moreira-Almeida, M.D., Ph.D., Quirino Cordeiro, M.D., Ph.D., and Harold G. Koenig, M.D., M.H.Sc
22. Psychiatric Education
Gerrit Glas, M.D., M.A., Ph.D.