Equity and Access
Health Care Studies in India
Edited by Purendra Prasad, Amar Jesani, and Sujata Patel
Table of Contents
[.rt error 1] 8. Structure, Organization, and Knowledge Production of Clinical Trial Industry
Roger Jeffery, Gerard Porter, Salla Sariola, Amar Jesani, and Deapica Ravindran
9. Body as `Resource' in
Surrogacy and Bio-medical Research: New Frontiers and Dilemmas
Sarojini Nadimpally and Vrinda Marwah.
Section III: Equity Issues in Health Care - Gender, Caste, Disability and Violence
10. Health, Disability, and Equity: Conversation Among Bodies, Discourses, and Law
11. Caste, Class, and Gender on the Margins of the State: An Ethnographic Study Among Community Health Workers
12. Legitimising Violence: A Narrative of Sexual Health
13. Addressing Violence Against Women as a Health Care Issue: Perceptions and Approaches
Sangeeta Rege and Padma Deosthali.
Section IV: Right to Health and Universal Health Strategies
14. Universal Health Coverage: How Viable?
K Srinath Reddy and Manu Raj Mathur
15. Kerala's Early Experience: Moving towards Universal Health Coverage
Sunil Nandraj and Devaki Nambiar
16. A Financing Strategy for Universal Access to Health Care: Maharashtra Model
17. The Right to Health: A Contested
Kajal Bharadwaj, Veena Johari and Vivek Divan
About the Editors and Contributors