Discovering Evolutionary Ecology
Bringing Together Ecology and Evolution
Peter J. Mayhew
Table of Contents
Preface: What is evolutionary ecology?
1. How do ecology and evolution interact?
2. How did complexity arise and spread?
3. How did ecological transitions arise and spread?
4. What kind of life history?
5. How far to disperse?
6. How many males and females?
7. How does behaviour evolve?
8. How do botanical traits evolve?
9. How do ecological interactions evolve?
10. How do lineages split, how much do they change, and how do they terminate?
11. How does evolution vary from place to place?
12. How many species in a community or a clade?
13. What have we learnt and how have we done it?