Stephen A. Smith
Table of Contents
1. I: ON THE NATURE OF THEORY What is Contract Theory?
2. II: GENERAL THEORIES OF CONTRACT General Theories: A Provisional Map
3. The Nature of Contractual Obligation
4. The Justification for Contractual Obligation: The Normative Question
5. III: TOPICS IN CONTRACT LAW Introduction to Contract Law Topics
6. Establishing Agreement: Offer and Acceptance
7. The Kinds of Agreements that are Enforced: Consideration, Intent to Create Legal Relations and Formalities
8. The Kinds of Agreements that are not Enforced: Contracts Contrary to Public Policy
9. The Content of a Contract: Interpretation of Contracts
10. Reasons for Setting Aside Contracts: Duress, Unconscionability, Mistake, Misrepresentation, Frustration, Non Performance
11. Breach of Contract
12. Remedies for Breach
13. Who Can Enforce a Contract?