Context in Action and How to Study It
Illustrations from Health Care
Edited by Ninna Meier and Sue Dopson
Table of Contents
1. Foregrounding Context in Action, Ninna Meier and Sue Dopson
2. Theoretical Lenses on Context, Ninna Meier and Sue Dopson
3. Methodological Challenges in Studying Context in Action, Ninna Meier and Sue Dopson
CONTEXT: What Constitutes the Context of a Situation/Event or Phenomenon?
4. Enacted Context, Louise Fitzgerald
5. Context of Health Policies and the Impact on Implementation of Health Care and Health Interventions, David Chambers
6. Bringing the Building Back In: Implications for Studying Organizations, Kjell Tryggestad, Chris Harty, and Peter Holm Jacobsen
ACTORS: How Do Actors Understand, Experience, and Engage With Context?
7. Tracing Context as Relational, Discursive Accomplishment: Analytical Lessons from a Shadowing-Based Study of Health Care Chief Executives, Maja Korica and Davide Nicolini
8. Technology in Context - Exploring Vulnerability in Surgery, Helle Sofie Wentzer
9. Patients, Families, and Care Settings, Louise Locock, Glenn Robert, and Ninna Meier
10. Place Matters in Context Analysis: Understanding Patients' Experiences of Context, Ninna Meier
11. How Researchers Understand, Construct and Bound Context: Liminality and the Integration Space, Eleanor Murray
CHANGE: How Do Contexts Change and What Is the Role of Actors in Such Processes?
12. Analysing Context in Health Care Organizations: Some Reflections on Past Work and Contemporary Research Challenges, Ewan Ferlie
13. Context and Work Organization in an Acute Health Care Setting, Ian Kessler
14. How Context Shapes the Experience of Staff and Residents in Residential Long-Term Care Settings, Carole A. Estabrooks and Stephanie Chamberlain
15. Context in Action: A Research Agenda, Ninna Meier and Sue Dopson