Richard Layard and Stephen J. Nickell
Edited by Werner Eichhorst and Klaus F. Zimmermann
Table of Contents
Introduction by the Editors: A New Understanding of Labor Market Institutions- Layard and Nickell on Labor Economics and Policy Making
1. The Labor Market
2. Why Does Unemployment Persist?
3. Combatting Unemployment: Is Flexibility Enough?
4. Labor Market Institutions and Economic Performance
5. Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labor Market
6. Policies For Full Employment
7. A Final Note: Unemployment and the Current Recession