Causation: A Very Short Introduction
Stephen Mumford and Rani Lill Anjum
Table of Contents
Introduction: why causation?
1. The problem, or: what's the matter with causation?
2. Regularity, or: causation without connection?
3. Time and space, or: do causes occur before their effects?
4. Necessity, or: do causes guarantee their effects?
5. Counterfactual dependance, or: do causes make a difference?
6. Physicalism, or: is it all transference?
7. Pluralism, or: is causation many different things?
8. Primitivism, or: is causation the most basic thing?
9. Dispositionalism, or: what tends to be?
10. Finding causes, or: where are they?
A very short afterword