1. Chemistry and Health Benefits of Caffeinated Beverages: Symposium Overview, D. G. Steffen
2. Pathways Involved in the Metabolism of Caffeine by Coffea and Camellia Plants, George R. Waller and et al.
3. Comparing Coffee and Tea, Stanley Segall
4. Behavioral Effects of Caffeine, Andrew Smith and Carolyn Brice
5. Why We Drink Caffeine-Containing Beverages, and the Equivocal Benefits of Regular Caffeine Intake for Mood and Cognitive Performance, Peter J. Rogers
6. Caffeine Effects on the Brain and Behavior: A Metabolic Approach, Astrid Nehlig
HEALTH BENEFITS: ANTICANCER
7. The Anticancer Activity of Coffee Beans, E. G. Miller and et al.
8. Coffee Consumption and Cancer, Andrew Sivak
9. Evaluation of Coffee and Caffeine for Mutagenic, Carcinogenic, and Anticarcinogenic Activity, Richard H. Adamson
10. Cancer Prevention Properties of Tea: Biochemical Mechanisms, Jen-Kun Lin and et al.
HEALTH BENEFITS: ANTIOXIDANTS
11. Antioxidative Polyphenolic Substances in Cacao Liquor, N. Osakabe and et al.
12. Antioxidant Capacity and Epicatechin Bioavailability of Polyphenolic-Rich Beverages (Cocoa and Teas), M. Richelle and et al.
13. Antioxidative Phenolic Compounds in Green-Black Tea and Other Methylxanthine-Containing Beverages, Ulrich H. Engelhardt, Christiane Lakenbrink, and Svenja Lapczynski
14. Radical Scavenging and Antioxidative Properties of Phenolic Compounds in Relation to Their Chemical Structure, K. Bungert and K. Eichner
15. Antioxidative Activities of Aroma Extracts Isolated from Various Beans, K. G. Lee, H. Aoki, and T. Shibamoto
16. Radical Scavenging Mechanisms of Catechins on 2,2-Diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl Radical, Masayuki Suzuki and et al.
HEALTH BENEFITS: OTHER
17. Hypolipidemic Activity of Green Tea Epicatechins, Zhen-Yu Chen and Wing Ping Fong
18. Health Benefits of Green Tea Catechins: Improvement of Intestinal Conditions, Yukihiko Hara
19. Potential Cardiovascular Health Benefits of Procyanidins Present in Chocolate and Cocoa, Monica M. Bearden and et al.
20. An Overview of Coffee Roasting, Thomas H. Parliment
21. Sensory Studies on the Key Odorants of Roasted Coffee, W. Grosch and et al.
22. Formation of Sulfur-Containing Volatiles under Coffee Roasting Conditions, George P. Rizzi
23. Characterization of the Roasting Temperature and Tim-Dependent Physicochemical and Sensory Evaluation of Various Coffee Beans, Y. S. Ko
24. Degradation of Furfuryl Mercaptan in Fenton-Type Model Systems, I. Blank and et al.
25. Diterpenes in Coffee, K. Speer and et al.
26. Headspace Analysis of the Coffe Beverage with and without Different Milk Additives, H. Steinhart and M. Bücking
COCOA AND GUARANÁ
27. The Chemistry and Technology of Cocoa, Peter Schieberle
28. Flavor Development of Cocoa during Roasting, L. Hashim
29. Chocolate Flavor via the Maillard Reaction, C. Q. Chen and E. Robbins
30. Differentiating the Flavor Potential of Cocoa Beans by Geographic Origin, B. D. Glazier and P. S. Dimick
31 or thee Chemistry of Guaraná: Guaraná, Brazil's Super-Fruit for the Caffeinated Beverages Industry. Terry H. Walker and et al.
32. The Chemistry of Tea, Chi-Tang Ho and Nanqun Zhu
33. *B-Primeverosidase Relationship with Floral Tea Armoa Formation during Processing of Oolong Tea and Black Tea, Kanzo Sakata
34. The Change in the Flavor of Green and Black Tea Drinks by the Retorting Process, Hideki Masuda and Kenji Kumazawa
35. Effect of pH and Tea Concentration on Extraction of Catechins from Japanese Green Tea, Yuko Yoshida, Masaaki Kiso, and Tetsuhisa Goto
36. The Analysis of Coffee Phenols and Phenolic Acids, G. B. Cohen
37. Capillary Electrophoresis of Roasted Coffees, Jennifer M. Ames, Louise Royle, and Allan G. W. Bradbury
38. HPLC-MS Analysis of Flavonoids in Foods and Beverages, John F. Hammerstone and Sheryl A. Lazarus
39. Methyluric Acids: Chemical Markers of Oxidation in Coffee, Tea, and Cocoa, Richard H. Stadler and Robert J. Turesky
40. Capillary Electrphoesis of Some Caffeinated Soft Drinks, Jennifer M. Ames, Louise Royle, and Harry E. Nursten