John Lee, Suzanne Brook, and H. Clare Daniel
Table of Contents
Section 1 - Understanding back pain
1. How is the back constructed?
2. What is back pain?
3. Scans, x-rays and that word 'degenerating'
4. How did the pain get to take over my life?
Section 2 - Medical treatments
5. What different types of professionals could help?
6. Can my back pain be cured by injections or surgery?
7. Can I take medications for my pain?
Section 3 - Self treatments
8. Thoughts and feelings
11. What is the role of exercise and movement?
12. How much activity can I do?
13. Specific stretches and exercises
Section 4 - Bringing things together: real patients' tales
14. Coping with a new pain: what can I expect from treatments?
15. Making sense of scan results and finding a cure
16. Home life is difficult
17. Nights are the worst time
18. My pain has got a whole lot worse