Gene Expresion, Cell Interactions, and Oxidation
Edited by Roger T. Dean and David T. Kelly
Table of Contents
List of Contributors
List of Abbreviations
1. The morphology and natural history of atherosclerosis, Xi Ming Yuan, Ulf T. Brunk, and Linda Hazell
2. Diabetes and atherosclerosis, John W. Eaton and Roger T. Dean
3. Antioxidant intervention studies in animals, Knut S. Pettersson, Paul K. Witting, and Roland Stocker
4. Antioxidant intervention studies in humans, Anushka Patel and Anthony Keech
5. Vascular dysfunction and its contribution to atherogenesis, David S. Celermajer and Joseph A. Vita
6. Gene therapy for vascular diseases: closer to delivering the goods?, John E. J. Rasko and David S. Celermajer and Joseph A. Vita
7. The endothelial cell in atherosclerosis, Paul Bannon, Natalie James, and Wendy Jessup
8. Oxidative stress and platelet function in atherosclerosis, John F. Keaney, Jr., and Jane E. Freedman
9. Macrophage lipid metabolism and atherosclerosis, Leonard Kritharides and Wendy Jessup
10. Smooth muscle cells and the connective tissue matrix of the intima, Gordon R. Campbell et al.
11. Lymphocytes in atherogenesis, Alan Daugherty and Göran K. Hansson
12. Growth factors and cytokines in atherogenesis, Levon M. Khachigian and Carolyn L. Geczy
13. Lipoprotein influx and efflux in the atherosclerotic intima, Leonard Kritharides and Trevor G. Redgrave
14. Inhibition of the cytokine-induced expression of endothelial cell adhesion molecules by high-density lipoproteins, Paul Baker et al.
15. Protein oxidation in atherogenesis, Shanlin Fu et al.
16. Anti-oxidants and co-antioxidation in lipoproteins and the intima, Roland Stocker and Joanne M. Upston
17. Oxysterols in atherogenesis, Malcolm A. Lyons and Andrew J. Brown
18. Intracellular effects of cell surface-localized initiation of blood coagulation, Serena Pringle and Hans Prydz
19. Plaque rupture and its consequences, Geoffrey H. Tofler and David T. Kelly
20. Futures: diagnosis and therapy of atherosclerosis, Leonard Kritharides et al.