Are Skills the Answer?
The Political Economy of Skill Creation in Advanced Industrial Countries
Colin Crouch, David Finegold, and Mari Sako
Table of Contents
1. The Dispiriting Search for the Learning Society
2. Employment and Employment Skills
3. The Skill Implications of Changing Patterns of Trade
4. The State and Skill Creation: Inevitable Failure?
5. Corporatist Organizations and the Problems of Rigidity
6. Local Agencies for Skill Creation
7. Markets and Corporate Hierarchies
8. Conclusions and Policy Implications